Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] quick poll on identifier and description

Ken
  The key property is uniquely resolving a resource from a given
identifier. So that we can use pointer comparison to know that two
resources are the same ... but, in the open world assumption (sic), if
two pointers are different, we do *not* know for certain that the
things they identify are different! (Blame OWL)

  Not all resources need to have descriptions. The key for a resource
is to have an identifier and an owner. We can model this by using
cardinalities in UML.
  So, a description which itself has no description can still be a
resource.

frank