Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] what is a generalized SOA RA?

I think the 1.x section about requirements may be
viewed as overlapping with what is currently in
section 1.2 for the three key principles of the RA
approach.

I will reiterated what Jeff stated earlier about
requirements. For ALL of the government projects I've
worked on in the past, requirements are traceable,
testable, and measurable. Requirements are checked and
signed off during formal acceptance testing.

If we provide requirements, then we are providing an
initial set of traceable, testable, and measureable
statements about a SOA-based system.

For example, take the following requirement:

Resources are distributed across ownership boundaries,
e.g. there is not a single entity that can exercise
control over all identified SOA services.

This is an accurate statement about a SOA ecosystem
but would not be something to measure about the
implementation of a particular system.  Therefore, I
would classify it more in the category of a principle.
 To be a high-level testable requirement that could be
traced to more detailed testable requirements, the
above requirement could be written as:

Resources shall be accessable across ownerhips
boundaries.  ...

Danny

=== message truncated ===

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs