Subject: partial update of service description and related musings

Just to prove I'm not a total slug and have been working hard on my part, I'm distributing a partial edit of section 4.1.  It has been worked up to section 4.1.2.

Now part of what I tried to do was partition off things that don't belong in service description -- I think sections 4.1.2.2 is a prime candidate for further partitioning and that's where I'm pretty much at in the editing.  There is a second document included in this email and as the first paragraph there says,

[This document is not directly a part of the Reference Architecture.  However, it collects many thoughts lurking in the service description section of the v0.2 RA draft but which aren’t appropriate there.  The thoughts in this document (or some agreed upon variant) should be somewhere in the RA – some already are – and the service description section will need to be in line with those eventual agreements.]

As typical, there are also some embedded questions.

Let me know what is right, wrong, or just plain silly.

Ken

P.S. I think the more focused service description will fit better the artifact diagram but for now I stuck with class diagrams because they were more helpful with the wriiting.

SOA-RA (post-Frank 200710)-12.doc

service description rewrite support-5.doc

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

smime.p7s