Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Revised resource diagram

Frank (Jeff - please read too).

I think you should remove the traversibility indicators all together.

1. Between Stakeholder and resource:

They might (not in all cases) be aware of each other.  Just a straight line,
no arrows.

2. Between Resource and Identity and Identity - Identifier

If you have labels at both ends (embodies, denoes) this implies a binary
transitive relationship.  Remove arrow.  Also - if it is 1:1, I think by
convention you might not have to explicitly note this.  Regardless, is there
any reason why a resource might not have two identities?  I'd get rid of the
cardinality indicators.

I am not sure if we need both identity and identifier but might be wrong.  I
am also wanting to ask why an identity is aggregated from multiple
identifiers.  Is it possible that the identifier exists without the thing it
identifies?  IMO - perhaps no.

3. Between Description and Identifier

Are we implying that identifiers (which are items that act as descriptors,
referencers) have a description themselves?  Also - if the description
references the identifier, you do not have to explicitly draw the line
between the two as there is already an indirect connection via the
Description-Resource-Identity-Identifier path.

CAVEAT:

This is based on my understanding of UML.  Jeff and others should proof
this.

Duane