Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] OO vs. SOA and what goes into a service

I'm not talking implementation (SOA can use OO principles to develop the code) but general mindset.  We once agreed that asking "what is a service?" is similar to asking "what is an object?" because the answer is it could be anything that fits your problem.  My thought is a service is not necessarily a good object that you operate on but more like an operation that you may be feeding objects to.

Again, this is all at the concept level, no implementation.

Ken