Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] OO vs. SOA and what goes into a service

Three models are to let the message itself denote the
action to take by the service or let the name of the
service operation denote the action to take or a
combination of both.  Which model is used is a matter
of preference.

Since it is only the information model being fed to
the service, I personally like letting the message
defined by the information model denote the action
(one service can handle many different types of
messages). This model is used by message driven beans
for example where a single onMessage receives all the
types of messages that can be sent to the message
driven bean.  Policies and constraints can be
associated with each message type the service can
handle.  All messages to the bean/service do have to
inherit from a common message type though.  This is
how I may prefer to do it, but the model used is more
likely to be dictated by the tools used for the task
at hand.

Danny

Looking for last minute shopping deals?