Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] OO vs. SOA and what goes into a service

I share your preference because if you let the name of the operation denote the action, what happens later when someone uses the service a bit differently and the name doesn't quite work.  In essence, you avoid hardwiring semantics that can change.

Your example is also very much in line with what I am talking about.  The onMessage processes different types of messages and I can define policies based on message type.  The alternative is build a service for each message type and have each include an onMessage operation.  I think the latter leads to problems.

Ken