Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Fwd: Tutorial at Symposium

Title: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Fwd: Tutorial at Symposium
Frank:

I have some slides that are RM specific you can potentially leverage.

Duane

On 2/12/08 9:36 PM, "Francis McCabe" <frankmccabe@mac.com> wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jane Harnad <jane.harnad@oasis-open.org>
Date: February 12, 2008 7:10:34 AM PST
To: 'Francis McCabe' <frankmccabe@mac.com>
Subject: Tutorial at Symposium

Hello Frank,

The program committee has set aside 4 hours for your tutorial on Monday afternoon (28 April).  Below is your current tutorial description.  Please review and let me know if you have any quick adjustments.  We're planning to load the descriptions up this week.  Regards, Jane

1:30 PM-5:30 PM
SOA Reference Architecture and Model
Frank McCabe, Research Scientist, SandPiper
SOA is an architectural paradigm that is driven by the need to enable multiple participants to interact with each other, offering and consuming services on the scale of the Internet itself. As such it promotes a world in which services can and will be used and reused in ways that perhaps the originators of services do not envisage.

The OASIS Reference Model for SOA gives a concise characterization of SOA, and how it differs from other paradigms for distributed systems; one of the key distinguishing features of SOA is its ability to work across multiple ownership domains.

The OASIS Reference Architecture for SOA takes the work of the Reference Model one stage further by providing an architectural description of how SOA-based systems may be realized. There are three main views in the Reference Architecture: how SOA-based systems might be used in an effective way; how SOA-based systems may be constructed; and the view corresponding to the issues raised in owning SOA-based systems.

In this tutorial we will outline the major models that are part of these views; and show how they form the basis of a coherent architecture that address many of the key points in systems that span ownership domains: how the roles of participants, resources, policies and agreements can be coherently integrated. We explain some of the key technology choices in realizing SOA-based systems,and how issues such as security, governance and management can be addressed effectively.

Jane Harnad
Manager of Events
OASIS
Work Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org

Attend the Open Standards 2008 on "Composability within SOA" in Santa Clara, CA USA -- 28 April - 1 May 2008  -- http://events.oasis-open.org/home/symposium/2008/ <http://events.oasis-open.org/home/symposium/2008/>

"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html