Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] March 4 RA Telecom

see inline suggestions

On Mar 5, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Don Flinn wrote:

Please send me any corrections or additions, then I will upload.

March 4 RA Telecom

Version 0.3 has been sent out
Ken wants feedback on versioning (use e-mail)

Chris McDaniels will help on the security section
********************************
Agenda

Tutorial
Symposium
Working Draft
Vote to request comments
Architectural implications and Flow
Retire the WIKI
Technical Material
Governance
*******************************
Discussions

Symposium
The RA Symposium Tutorial will be on Mon. 1:30 to 5:30
Only one presenter will get free tutorial access
F to F for RA
There will not be an official meeting but there will be informal get-togethers

Working Draft
Section 3 has been reorganized
We will draft a "Request for Comments" from RM committee as a whole
Aim for public draft by end of April
We will entertain comments but may not address all of them because of
time constraints
News from Frank
OMG SOA Standard will be approved by June - Draft to be out by Monday
Open Group is also working on a document

Working Draft con't
If we add architectural implications we should add pointers early on in document

Want the RM committee to approve the RA draft by April 3

I think approval by RM committee should be April 23

We will request that they let us know of any major issues
There will be time for detailed comments later

Motion by Ken –
“Move that we distribute version 0.3 to the full RM telling them that we would like to move to a committee draft and asking that, if there are major issues in doing that, that they inform us of those issues. We will request and adjudicate these more detailed issues soon thereafter in the coming months”
Call for objections; No objections - Motion Accepted

I expect these are the words on the MP3, but I'd suggest a slight change:

We will request a full review from the RM committee within the next few months and will adjudicate all detailed issues received from that review.

We will have a version 0.4 ready for distribution to the full RM by April 3

There should be a summary of the other sections near the beginning

Was this meant to be a summary of architectural implications?

In their respective sections
Danny has modeled examples - Ken has discussed the architectural implications

There was a discussion of the presentation of mechanisms as examples in the document and the use of architectural implications as presented by Ken
Draw out general architectural implications from the models
The question is - What should be the style for architectural implications? –
Danny will attempt to construct implications for his sections; then he and Ken will discuss the best way to present architectural implications
There should be consistency among all the sections

We all need time to read the document

WIKI retirement
The WIKI is out of date
Frank has an action item to either have it retired/deleted or put a disclaimer on each page

Symposium
Plan for contents of tutorial
Start with Ken's presentation
Have a completed plan by the end of March
The presentation time limit is four hours

Reference the RM in the beginning of the tutorial
Ken to take first pass

Homework:
All go through service description section
Next week we’ll finish the governance section

--
Don Flinn
President