Subject: resend: thoughts on management section (2)

*** I realized the formatting got hosed and the first send of this
email may be difficult to decipher ***

This is a follow-on to ramblings from Monday's email.

I'm not sure to what extent this fits into areas covered by
management or where else it goes.

development support
* if new solutions in a SOA ecosystem are to make use of deployed
resources, what modes of interaction do deployed resources need to
support?
* lot of talk about needing to simulate performance - to what extent
would we like each resource to supply a model for performance
simulation to access?
* if I develop a service that makes use of existing resources, how do
I need to interact with the service during development and initial
testing - to what extent would we like each resource to supply a
report mode that returns what would happen but does nothing real?
* it would appear that simulation and report mode could overlap but
there should probably be leeway for the owner to decide how much
overlap is appropriate
* likely to have specific process models for development support
* again raises question about what gets bundled into a single
service, i.e. if very diverse set, does each WSDL operation need
simulation and report-only modes?
* is it appropriate to expand these questions (as I've done) to a
more general resource rather than only services or can we currently
limit resources of interest to those accessed by a SOA service?

My initial questions are:
1. to what extend is this in the RA scope?
2. if in scope does it belong in management?  does some of it belong
in the Realizing view?  where else might it show up?

That probably creates enough trouble for now.

Ken

smime.p7s