Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] service, capability, and concise description

Frank picked up a very important point: "different stakeholders will have different
understanding of the capabilities on offer".

For example, retrieving certain data from a database - is it a capability? What if I need to retrieve another data - is this another capability? Or a capability is just a set of operations on the database?

Yes, it is too late for one service = one capability. Plus, I think we may not decide this - SOA mirrors business world which may have several cohesive capabilities and consider them together as one business service.

Moreover, one capability does not mean one policy. In my previous message I gave an example where one capability expressed as one  operation(just for the sake of explanation) may still have a lot of message namespaces each of which may have an association with separate policy.