Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Disambiguating Action (Part I)

Yes, I would say the capability is a resource.  I would also strongly suggest we reserve the term capability for that resource that the service accesses and not introduce semantic confusion by using the term for other purposes.  One benefit of this restriction is we avoid having to distinguish between capability and functionality.  Also, I think this is consistent with the idea of capability-based acquisition, where you buy a capability that gives you desired effects.

I would go beyond what Michael says below and say the consumer is most interested in the RWEs.  In the temperature conversion example, we get the consumer's attention by the general statement (and maybe associated keywords) that says temperature conversion, but it is the RWE that the service will return temperature in degrees Centigrade rather than degrees Kelvin that is important.

Ken