Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Disambiguating Action (Part I)

Michael
  These questions seem to miss the point:

On May 26, 2008, at 10:38 AM, michael.poulin@uk.fid-intl.com wrote:

> I am risking to become annoing but my questions still stay:
>
> - In SOA eco-systems, how a consumer might even know about a
> Capability/resource other than through the services?

True. They don't. But we need to support multiple perspectives. We
need to know the relationships between what all the service
participants 'see'. I.e., it is not just the service consumer, but
also the service provider, management, etc. etc.

> - Would you agree that neither Capability nor RWE are not necessary
> visible through the service interface?

Really do not know how to answer this: it comes down to "what is an
interface?".  A primary role for Service Description is to document
the capability being exposed via the service.

> Moreover, that one interface operation may correspond to muntiple
> Functions and multiple RWE?

This is both off point and not good practice: each 'interface
operation' should have a clear semantics; which suggests that there
should be a single well defined RWE for each operation.

Frank