Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Disambiguating Action (Part I) - Take 2

Michael,

The service is more than the interface because access is more than the door you go through to get to the capability.

The service has a role in understanding and responding to the initiating message, including understanding and acting appropriately with regard to identified policies.  It may make use of other services in doing this, and thus acts as both a provider and consumer.  In an orchestration or choreography, it will have a role in following the defined process or responding to events during the process.  However, most of this is not seen by the consumer whose interest is in the functionality being provided (but the consumer doesn't know how) and the real world effects realized.

Ken