Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Policy Types

Don wrote:
 One of the purposes of SOA is to facilitate the replacement of humans by machines.
I agree with the intentions but, I think, it is not right time yet for stating that SOA RA considers just machine-readable policies.
Both policy Enforcement Point and the Measurement Point may be and will be a mixture of automatic and manual activities for awhile.

Even with workflow rules, which seem to be relatively easily to automate, a business policy may say: In case of unexpected absence of the Approver A, his/her rights and responsibilities ought to be delegated to to-be defined person The system might not know who is that person (i.e. where to direct the request) because system update happens, e.g., in the mid-night while the approval is due by the lunch time.
-	Michael