Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Policy Types

To Jeff E.

No, I do not mix business logic and business rules. Business rules are usually expressed in the policies ( in our case, in both service communication and service execution policies )

Business logic, in spite of its fuzziness, usually has repeatable structure: input-to-conclusion. Business rules may or may be not used for reach a conclusion.

Getting back to our case, I see Action against service as an original input ( the might be other inputs from internally engaged services but I do not address them now), and RWE as a conclusion.

The business logic in this case is in reaching RWE using Action against service. This may be equally applied as to technical implementation as to pure manual business operations.