Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] reaching closure on Action

Jeff,

I agree with everything you say here except (you knew there had to be an except):

we are trying match needs with capabilities and those entities with needs are not (or at least we assume are not) the same entities with capabilities.  It would seem to be silly to assume otherwise, at least in terms of the scope of the RM and the RA.

In many cases those with needs are exactly the same as those with capabilities -- that's what will really make this whole SOA thing work!

I have a need and not finding (OK, maybe I didn't look too hard) a suitable capability, I create one.  Accessing it through a SOA service just happens to be a dang useful way to use my own stuff.  I'm a pretty nice guy so I make my service available to others.  I'm also a pretty smart guy (well, maybe this time I was lucky) and the service I created actually does something that is generally useful for others.  Now I have a situation where I am the provider but sometimes I'm also the consumer.

For most of my sponsors who provide services, they are their first (and too often only) consumers.

Ken