Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] reaching closure on Action

To Jeff and Ken:

I have started talking about Service Actions only because I felt that all other Action types  we talked about in the discussion are consumer actions in nature.

I am trying to set a balance in Join Action and by adding Service Actions against Consumer Actions (against service).

My major driver is:  SERVICE IS NOT EQUAL TO INTERFACE. That is, an ideal conclusion for me would be:  SOA RA explicitly states (in its own words) that a service is a mechanism which performs actions  on its capabilities in response to the actions of the consumer (i.e. consumer demonstrates an intent to obtain a RWE via interaction with the service  by sending/exchanging messages)