Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Version

I think first of all, a version is not a specialized type of identity.

I would roll identity and identifier into one (identifier is the token of
the identity)

Version is an attribute of "resource" IMO.  It usually is denoted with a
major_version.minor_version.release in software but I think it is too
granular so I would just stop at version and not include version identifiers
or date-time string etc.

Duane

On 25/06/08 8:21 AM, "Francis McCabe" <frankmccabe@mac.com> wrote:

> This is a just a noodle. But, I was trying to see how versions fitted
> with the resource model and came up with ...
>

> Version
>
> An identity associated with a resource that establishes a time and/or
> place where the resource is located.
>
> Resources are generally time varying in nature ­ accessing a resource
> at one time will often lead to a different outcome than accessing it
> at another time. As a result, it may be necessary to identify a
> resource at a point in time ­ in effect to identify a specific version
> of a resource.
>

> Frank

Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Duane's World TV Show - http://www.duanesworldtv.org/
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury