Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Version

Title: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Version
How about a much simpler version (no pun intended.  Well maybe)

1. Resources have versions.
2. A service (which is a specialized type of resource), therefore also has versions
3. A service description describes the service, and therefore must describe any properties such as “version”
4. An identifier identifies a unique service/version

Why?  Versions are usually only used for “externally visible property changes”.  It is not necessary to version services based solely on time or space.

Comments inline: