Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Version

Duane,

I agree with most of this except for the limitation of one service-one description.  While a description describes only one service (service version), a single service could have multiple (superseding?) versions because:

- errors corrected in description that do not significantly change the description, e.g. a simple typo;

- corrections that do significantly change description, e.g. the word NOT was missing from the functionality description;

- adding information, e.g. an additional real world effect that was previously considered inconsequential;

- removing information that was previously required or thought useful, e.g. the number of times the service has been used;

- consolidating elsewhere the specifics of some information and replacing the occurrences in the service description by a link to the consolidated location, e.g. version history.

Ken