Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Version

The EC is a property of the service interaction, not a particular service participating in the interaction.  Service policies and contracts are part of the EC if they are agreed upon by the Consumer, but it is possible a consumer policy may be used instead of a corresponding service policy if the provider and consumer so agree.

I'm not sure if I have previously spoken of the "parts" included in the service description as service properties but I do refer to properties in section 4.1.2.1 when I talk about assigning values to description.  So I don't think we have a disconnect there.

See my previous response to Duane about the service description supporting multiple versions for a single service, where here there would be a temporal chain for the service description versions, with one superseding its predecessor.

Ken