Subject: positioning RA

I found an internal MITRE email thread from last November on what is a RA, and after some back and forth and some evolving RA words I got back the following:

Ok, so a Reference Model establishes the concepts and vocabulary within a domain of discourse.  So, when I decide to operationalize the same in the form of a collection of interacting resources then I have moved to expressing a reference architecture at a very high level of abstraction -- a generalized reference architecture.  Because I can iterate from the general to the specific, it would then be possible to have any number of successively more specific, wrt some domain, reference architectures (not the same as successively more detailed!).

Seems like a useful summary of thoughts.

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

smime.p7s