Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Another shot at communicative and service

An alternative Communicative Action diagram attached.

Danny

-------- Original Message --------
From: Francis McCabe <frankmccabe@mac.com>
Date: Sat, July 12, 2008 11:40 pm
To: soa-rm-ra <soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org>, laskeyk@comcast.net

Before people get a heart attack about more action types, I am not
completely wedded to the concepts Capability Action and Message
Action. However, what I am trying to do is complete the connection
between a participant's actions in sending and receiving messages, and
the actions that are viewed as being service actions.

In particular, Capability Action is supposed to refer to the actual
invocation/activation of the capability behind a service.

The association class "participates" is not spectacularly named; but
it is intended to refer to the qualified aggregation relationship
between a joint action and the individual participants' roles in it.

This diagram does not define "counts as"; but uses it. If we really
need to model it then I will have a go at doing that.

Note that one of the key merits of this model is that it allows us to
talk separately about what is happening at the service level and at
the communication level; and yet at the same time establish the
connection. This is key because the natural conversations about
messages etc. (e.g., MEP, end points, etc. etc. ) is disconnected from
the natural conversation about services (policies, RWE, action
sequences etc. etc.).

Frank

Communicative Actions.png