Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] SOA-Pro & Core Concepts

Hello Michael,

I suggest you express your concerns directly to the SOA-Pro representative, probably best through Frank who is our OMG liaison.  That said, I don't think there will be a lot of movement on their part because it is my understanding they're pretty far along in the process.

Something I pointed out on this week's call is that we simply don't have the bandwidth and time to do a full critique of the work of other open standards bodies, let alone complete our own work.  What we need to do is try and get some level of harmonization, which will require compromises to be made by all parties concerned.

We will be starting to at least capture the differences between the core concepts defined and expressed in the OASIS SOA-RM, OASIS SOA-RA, The Open Group SOA Ontology, and the OMG SOA-Pro UPMS response.

I'll be starting that capture tomorrow probably in spreadsheet or table form.  This is intended to be a work in progress.

Cheers...

 - Jeff