Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Discussion of Ontology

I would point you to the models and discussion in section 4.1.2.2.3.  In summary, the execution context defines the environment for the interaction and the interaction log captures the specifics of what occurs.

The fact that service preparation occurs would be a prerequisite for establishing an execution context (otherwise you don't have anything to interact), the service engagement is akin to the execution context, and the service performance is akin to the interaction.

I think the akins will converge to same-as when we tease out the details, but I haven't had the time to really wrestle with the details.

I think an activity being a collection of actions is useful but that needs to be related to the process model and what goes into the interaction log.

As far as capability is concerned, I think we should avoid any lower level and stick with what we have in the RM.  I believe we can adequately talk about message exchange without getting into the details of what the capability does with the messages.

Ken