Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Discussion of Ontology

I would like to add a few points to the discussion. In SOA Yahoo! Group and in other audiences I talked about EC within two following considerations:

1)	EC consists of two parts: business and technical. Both of them may be expressed via policies. Both of them can affect RWE while service business functionality can stay the same.
(this is where RA service differes from Web Service, which does not have an execution and RWE because of being just an interface)

Aforementioned interpretation of EC confirms that the service interaction includes both service communication and service execution activities and policies.

2) EC is a part of the Service Description and derived Service Contracts. Service Provider guarantees service RWE in only specified EC.
A service may be used in any EC. However, the consumer encounters additional risk if the service is used (w/o testing) in the EC that is different from the one defined in the Service Contract.

Both statements were met with understanding and did not initiate any concerns. Would you agree to include them into RA?

As of Service Performance [Interaction, RWE-Cause(ServiceAction)-Effect], mentioned by Rex, I think that word performance does not addresses all variety of Interaction, RWE-Cause(ServiceAction)-Effect because service business purpose may be not in the performances; to me, the word might be like Execution, i.e. Service Execution phase.