Subject: new integration task

Folks,

recently there was  1st International Symposium  (in Europe, led by the US)  which promoted SOA school and professional certification. Though certification is not exactly among our concerns, I have found that it is based on the Thomas Erl series books. This means that SOA is interpreted as an integration and Web Services based realm and all our business/society related efforts in the RA are simply ignored. I believe that such view on SOA is a big strategic mistake.

I think, we have to set a strong contact with Erl and find the common grounds. Otherwise, we can expect serious resistance from the future Erl's 'SOA Professionals'.

BTW, ZapThink follows OASIS SOA very well and offers its own certification world-wide (I have one already). This is just for the information.