Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] OASIS' Ref Ontology for SOA

They define Semantic Web Services (SWS) as "self-contained, self-describing, semantically marked-up software resources that can be published, discovered, composed and executed across the Web in a task driven semi-automated way".  They state further that SWS "can be defined as the dynamic part of the semantic web".

I believe their intent is to distinguish SWS from web services where the only description is WSDL.

Basically, SOA-RA looks toward everything they want in a SWS except we don't push the details of how you represent the description.  We agree on the type of information you need and what you intend to accomplish if you have it.  We have no problems with it being connected with the semantic web, we just don't require it.  We also talk about mediation and while it certainly sounds necessary, we don't require it either.

I need to look at the details, but I expect it is an implementation of our more abstract discussion.

Ken