Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] SOA Ecosystem Quote of the Day

Mike, I agree with Dave...SOA is more about the shift in the area of responsibility of IT departments to include the engineering of business processes.  Having suffered through a the requisite courses for an MBA, there are no IT Manufacturing engineers for business processes and functions, to use a metaphor.  Manufacturing engineers both improve the manufacturing and assembly processes and functions, and determine and implement the tooling that is a labor multiplier (which increases the productivity per unit of labor).  SOA provides the opportunity for a role of business process engineer to be incorporated into the IT organization. My suspicion is that the RA is attempting to provide a structure for this new type of services-based IT organizations.

My 2 cents worth

Thanks

Bob

From: Mike Poulin [mailto:mpoulin@usa.com]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 4:34 PM
To: dellis; soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

I do not think that "SOA Ecosystem is a computational representation of the Real World " only because it situates in the Business world first and in Technology - only second. The core of social structure of any Business is service orientaiton, it is written in all MBA books. Our task is provide IT with this knowledge (vs. SOA-as-technology) in proper way.

Thanks,
- Michael