Subject: Resource Description (4.1.1.1) and Policies

Title: Resource Description (4.1.1.1) and Policies
Hi all,

The Resource Description in 4.1.1.1 is very important, IMO — mainly because most of my SOA systems are really Resource Oriented.  So, I congratulate the team for inserting this.  This is great.

My issue is this: Why is the Policy & Contract class under the Service Description and not the Resource Description?  When the consumers and providers negotiate at the resource level, Policies & Contracts are very important concepts in that negotiation.  In other words, whether I am negotiating for a service or an asset, contracts and policies are part of the discussion.  Therefore, my question is: is there any reason why Policies & Contracts cannot be moved from the Service Description and placed at a more general level: the Resource Description?

Certainly, this will only need 5 minutes of discussion.  ;-)

Best regards,

Jim