Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] SOA Ecosystem Quote of the Day

RATHOLE ALERT!!!!

(a.k.a parking lot, trout pond...)

Let's pose this to the Ontolog Forum.

On 19/01/09 11:18 AM, "Francis McCabe" <frankmccabe@mac.com> wrote:

Yes, well, neither is exactly what I think of when I am engaging semantically :)

For me, semantic engagement is the relation of understanding between a 'user' and a 'machine' (I use these terms deliberately loosely here). It is, if you will, the 'language' that the user and machine may use in their interactions. For example, my semantic engagement with my car is in terms of gas pedal, speed and so on. If I have a car navigation system, then the language is extended to include points on the Earth and names of places but does not (yet) extend to *why* I am going where I want to go.

The social structures are an abstraction of human society: they represent the kinds of organizations that humans are involved with.

Some resources might move, but this is not their most important attribute (IMO). Resources have value, and have owners.

Frank