Subject: FW: OASIS Reference Architecture for SOA and the ecosystems vision

Folks,

Read the minutes from yesterday's meeting and Frank's suggestion to focus exclusively on the ecosystem perspective.  Will fill you all in next week on Duane and my discussion with The Open Group held yesterday, but for now, I'm re-forwarding this note from Pierfranco Ferranato sent last Summer on his research in this area of distributed systems and ecosystems; work we should not overlook and perhaps try to engage him in this process.

 - JAE

-----Original Message-----
From: Pierfranco Ferronato [mailto:pferronato@soluta.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:09 AM
To: Francis McCabe
Cc: jeffrey.a.estefan@jpl.nasa.gov; klaskey@mitre.org; danny.thornton@soamodeling.org

Hi,

this is a reply alto to Francis who kindly sent a private email to me.
I can send you a presentation I gave in a conference; some topics might be of your interested. The paper is more discursive but it can give you an idea about my perception about DES (Digital Ecosystems) as opposed to a classical SOA approach.

You might alse be interested in a paper published in the IEEE where again some concepts where described. This was the starting point of the Cutter's paper which is actually the more complete document about Ecosystem Oriented Architectures; I'm been working with ecosystems architectures since 2001.

I was part of a EU initiative
(http://www.networked-enterprise-era.eu/workshops.php?id=12) where you can find the recorded video of my speech at the panel (I hate video recording at conferences :)).

I'm willing to cooperate in some form with OASIS regarding the Service Ecosystem Viewpoint

Best Regards
Pierfranco Ferronato

--
         Pierfranco