Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Trust and Confidence

Jeff,

Nice capture.  Could we modify

is essentially one entity’s believe that another entity will behave a certain way

to have it in terms of the effects (RWEs) of behavior rather than (or in addition to?) behavior itself?

is essentially one entity’s belief that the effects of another entity's behavior (actions?) will be those that are expected, even if not those that are desired

During our discussion today I would have connected this with effects needed to realize the trusting entity's goal(s), but I can trust in actions leading to effects that have nothing to do with realizing specific goals but might prompt action on my part to, say, mitigate risk to my goals.

Make sense?

Ken