Subject: governance revised for policy and intent

Attached are two excerpts that I revised.

Generic Governance: a chunk from section 5.1 that includes what I
think I need for policy (and I believe is consistent with other
sections), a slight extension of the Leadership definition (but
consistent with the visual model already there), and an added figure
showing SOA and IT governance as siblings.  The last was a model I
thought I had already included but realized I didn't when it was
discussed (and agreed to in concept) during the TOG telecon.

Social Structure & Governance: a previous discussion tossed around the
idea of moving any mention of governance in the ecosystem (section 3)
to the governance section (section 5.1), and Frank did in the latest
draft but it doesn't quite fit.  I suggest it stay in the ecosystem
view and I suggest a context in which it fits.  Note this is close to
what I sent out in an email the other day but here I adopted (and
referred to) the definition of Intent already in section 3.

As noted, I am most interested in agreement on section 5 so I can use
it for project work and to share in the TOG discussions.

Comments welcome but if you just say it's OK, I won't take this as a
setting of precedence :-)

Ken

Generic Governance 20090221.doc

Social Structure & Governance.doc

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305      phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                         fax:       703-983-1379