Subject: Dispositioning Rex's Comments to PRa2 draft

Editors,

Attached is a simple text file responding to Rex’s comments to the PRa2 draft of the RA for the areas of the RA for which I have cognizance.  Suggest the editors of the remaining sections do the same.  Suppose we could create an issue tracking spreadsheet but I don’t think that’s necessary.  Of course Frank has the “master blaster” copy for final edit so we’ll each have to send Frank our latest updates to incorporate into the master copy; hopefully, soon.

This is a somewhat out-of-band review process from the normal course of events we embarked on several months ago, but given that Rex took the time to read through the latest draft with a keen eye toward cleaning up the editorial issues and ambiguities, it’s a worthwhile exercise to check your respective sections.

I did have a few open questions and those are reflected in the attached file.  Some of these will need to be discussed as a group.  Fortunately, there are not very many of them.

Bye for now…

 - Jeff

Response to Rex

Abstract - Reject (consistent with the RM in which audience is mentioned in both abstract and introduction)

1.1.1 - Accept

1.1.2

Question regarding opinions - Accept

SOA-based system vs. SOA system - defer to Frank (impacts entire document) Maybe confusing w.r.t SOA ecosystem vs simply SOA system.

5th paragraph mod - Accept

1.1.4 -

Suggested Edit (1) - Accept

Suggested Edit (2) - Accept

Comment - Accept

1.1.5 - Accept

1.2 - Defer to Frank

1.3.2 - Accept

1.4 Table 1 - Don't understand the question

2.1.1.1 - Accept

2.1.2 - Accept

2.1.2.1 - Accept

Questions - Out of band for this subsection, but should be discussed.

2.1.2.4 - Accept

2.2 - Need to discuss.  Don't see the point of the update or comments.

4.3.1 - Accept

4.3.2 - Accept

4.3.3.1 - Accept

4.3.3.3 - Accept

Suggested edit - Accept (Need to check update sent to Frank that now reflects Delegate vice Agent)

4.3.4 - Accept

4.3.4.1 - Accept (except meta-level aspects vs metadata.  We specifically chose not to use metadata anywhere in the RA (or in the RM although there is one occurence of the word in the RM).

4.3.4.2 - Accept

4.3.5 - Accept