Subject: Section 3.2.2

Frank

I think we need to tie relations Section 3.2.2 to other sections of document.  We talk about them all over like Section 3.2.3 lines 908 and 909

Evidence of Trust discussion should include:

Discussion about conversation between participates which explains the importance of the exchanges of assertions and promises as they relate to verification of their trustworthiness in establishment of execution context.

In the real world we ask for identity documentation like Drivers License or Passport, while in the digital world we use certificates from a trusted authority like VeriSign.  Both refer to an identity governance process which we trust.

We also specify acceptable payment methods like Cash in advance, Checks with valid identity, or Credit Card.  Each of these has choreography for determining the Risk of trustworthiness to receive payment for services.  Cash implies no trust - pay in advance, Checks imply acceptance of risk by service provider, and Credit Cards differ Risk to Collection agency.

We also need to define Repudiation and Non-repudiation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-repudiation

Concepts from 4.4.1 should be discussed if not moved back into section three.

Assertion

An assertion is a proposition that is held to be true by a stakeholder. It is essentially a claim about the state of the world. (e.g. identity, service action, etc.)

Promise

A promise is a proposition regarding the future state of the world by a stakeholder. In particular, it represents a commitment by the stakeholder to ensure the truth of the proposition.

David E. Ellis

Information Management Architect