Subject: Trust and risk - second draft

The attached attempts to incorporate the comments from Frank, Rex, and
Jeff.

Rex - I tried to capture your ideas of evidence from past experience
or reputation.  I kept the terms of interaction-based or without
interaction because I felt these were clearer than the terms you
suggested.

Frank - I believe the emphasis should be on trusting real world
effects will come into being, but I find it difficult to write without
saying I expect actions to lead to those real world effects.  I
included an early disclaimer that I hope is sufficient.

Jeff - I believe it was easy and accurate just to substitute
Participant where  I had part.  I included confidence into the
discussion of evidence, but I have a feeling you wanted something more
substantive.  Feel free to suggest additions.

I still have not tackled the trust and SOA section.  I'll be at W3C
meetings this coming week, so further work will probably need to wait
until next weekend at the earliest.

Ken

trust.doc

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305      phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                         fax:       703-983-1379