Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] A general comment on the SOA RA

Boris,

I agree with what I believe is your overall assertion that SOA
services provide identifiable business functionality, where the
specifics of business depend on the stakeholder's perspective.  I
bristle at phrasing that contains the word "align" as the relationship
between SOA services and business because it has become marketing
pablum that I have heard my sponsors spout with no clue what they
meant.  This is a personal prejudice in wording, but I otherwise agree
with the substance.

The service description specifically contains a portion to describe
the (business) functionality provided and how that translates to real
world effects that are important to those engaging in SOA
interactions.  Again, we may be suffering from having ideas scattered
throughout the document without bringing them together.

Ken