Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] SOA-RA(F) reorganization

Michael,

I think I misunderstood something you said because we are arguing the same points.

My comment of a service description possibly referencing service contracts would be along the lines of 3rd party annotations.

Ken

On Apr 13, 2009, at 11:45 AM, Mike Poulin wrote:

Ken, I am lost with "The service description would only reference service contracts " and this is why:

Service exists independently from its consumers, right? Service is announced and described for potential consumers by Service Description. At this moment there NO service contracts exist. Service contract is a derivative from the Service Description; service contracts refer to service description, not other way around (at least, this is what we had in RM and in RA draft 1) "because the contracts are a use of a service".

Service description is "a fundamental aspect of the service" and it does not know who and how uses the service according to the service contract.

- Michael

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Laskey" <klaskey@mitre.org>
To: "Mike Poulin"
Cc: "Danny Thornton" , "James Odell" , "soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org"
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:35:26 -0400

The service description would only reference service contracts as examples of use because the contracts are a use of a service, not a fundamental aspect of the service.

Implicit policies are captured in the EC, but managing ECs is different from (but should be coordinated with) managing the services used.

Ken