Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] comments on 20090408 trust

Bob,

If risk is defined as a perception, then "perceived risk" is somewhat redundant although an restatement that may be useful.  I believe this is consistent with your assertion that risk is an unknown.  One can try to quantify risk, but there is no way to identify a "right" answer.

Ken

On Apr 20, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Ellinger, Robert S (IS) wrote:

Here are some additional thoughts.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:25 PM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org RA
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] comments on 20090408 trust

Frank,

I was going through the latest trust write-up with the intent of
incorporating some of the UML models I proposed but I notice we still
have some significant disconnects.  The attached has my major comments.

A major point I strongly advocate is we connect the discussion through
the idea of real world effects and avoid introducing other undefined
terms when RWE can suffice.  This grounds us back in the RM.

Lots of other specifics.

Ken

<trust 20090408 comments with RE Additions.doc>

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379