Subject: FW: Updated SOA Harmonization draft from 4/17 call

Title: FW: Updated SOA Harmonization draft from 4/17 call

From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnickull@adobe.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:49 AM
To: Estefan, Jeff A

;-)

Heather is our key asset!

------ Forwarded Message
From: Heather Kreger <kreger@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:41:46 -0700
To: "Dabbaghchi, Eric" <iraj@mitre.org>, <"Ken Laskey <klaskey@mitre.org/@us.ibm.com"@d03av02.boulder.ibm.com>
Cc: Ali Arsanjani <arsanjan@us.ibm.com>, "Dabbaghchi, Eric" <iraj@mitre.org>, <soa-harmony@opengroup.org>
Subject: Re: Updated SOA Harmonization draft from 4/17 call

Hi Eric,
Thanks for applying some deep thought to this ...

From the call last week I was picturing in my head something like this... (I'm sure Ali will have something much more elegant and this may not be exactly what he's thinking) .. where we just positioned the architecture specs we're actually working on in Fig 2.....

I may not have the relationship names right (suggestions welcome) but you get the idea ...

We don't really talk about the relationship of the reference architecture to the implementation and given the discussion on the call it sounded like we were all comfortable removing the SOA implementation layer from the original fig. 2.   So I'm not sure we need the Logical/Physical/Implementation aspects captured here in the diagram.

Are you suggesting this text as the replacement for The Open Group definition only? or as a definition that OASIS would agree to as well.  I don't really see the spirit of the OASIS definition represented here...

While I, as an IBMer, appreciate the example, we might want to pick a standards based one rather than ESB just to avoid contention :-)

Sincerely,
Heather Kreger
STSM, SOA Standards, Standards, SWG, IBM
Member of IBM Academy of Technology
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572 home office: 919-853-3772

Ken Laskey <klaskey@mitre.org> 04/22/2009 08:15 AM

"Dabbaghchi, Eric" <iraj@mitre.org>

cc

Heather Kreger/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Ali Arsanjani/Cedar Rapids/IBM@IBMUS, "soa-harmony@opengroup.org" <soa-harmony@opengroup.org>

Subject

Re: Updated SOA Harmonization draft from 4/17 call

Is including the logical and physical architectures needed for the level of resolution this diagram is to support?

Ken