Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Re: Suggested Modification For Figure 24 Service Description

The OASIS SOA RM does specify functionality as part of Service Description so I see the importance of maintaining the relationship.

On a DoDAF project I am working now,  functionality is associated with higher level abstractions of the system and capability tends to be associated with lower level service specific details.  I quite like this.  This also flows well when discussing discovery of services based on service capabilities.

In the Service Description section, we can add a one liner stating service functionality and service capability may be somewhat synonymous when describing a service.

I have a meeting scheduled tomorrow morning from 8 AM to 11 AM so I won't be able to make the call.  Someone will have to take good notes.

Danny