Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Proposed SCA Event Processing Model

Michael
With all do respect, event-based does not create additional coupling. Furthermore, considering an industry buzz around events, I think it will be prudent To include events in RA. SCA has done a good job incorporating events, basically through intermediary, thus marrying events and interfaces

-----Original Message-----
From: mpoulin@usa.com [mailto:mpoulin@usa.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:38 AM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

Well, DDS is a data-centric model while we are working on the service-centric model.

I would agree with Danny if we clearly and unarguably state in 4.3 that any interaction with the services may happen through its described/announced interfaces only. That is, no object-oriented, event-oriented, data-centric etc. interactions with the service beneath the service interface are allowed to avoid the risk of service coupling in the lower-level service implementation, whatever it may be.