Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] So What is a Service Ecosystem Anyway?

In section 1.2, we took the definition Rex provided and worked it down to:

"Many systems cannot be understood by a simple decomposition into parts and subsystems – in particular when there are many interactions between the parts. For example, a biological ecosystem is a self-sustaining association of plants, animals, and the physical environment in which they live.  Understanding an ecosystem often requires a holistic perspective rather than one focusing on the system's individual parts."

I agree with Frank that we do not define how it has to be done, but rather provide understanding and predict how it will be done.

Danny