Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Another diagram

Thanks Ken,

The little light bulb just lit up. You're quite correct about
Evidence of Trust. I was thinking of that as Evidence FOR Trust. My
bad. I think we need Evidence for Trust, too. Different kettle of
fish.

I was just citing the definition of Evidence of Trust, not advocating
it.  I accepted the definition, but I'm not so enamored of it that I
would advocate against a change or an addition. I'm also ambivalent
about Written Expression but less ambivalent about Promise. I think
making Promise explicit is probably wise.

What I'm still missing is the specific kind of context which Trust
needs. I assumed that the Service Description and the process leading
up to the point at which Willingness is established between or among
participants sets the  preparation context (if that makes sense--and
I am not necessarily suggesting that we create a new element named
preparation context but that might be needed.

I thought that preparation context was subsumed in the establishment
of Willingness, and was, therefore, unnecessary in the same sense
that the Willingness Threshold was unnecessary. If that is not the
case, and we need an explicit context for Trust, I would just like to
know what the specific context you have in mind is. I had also
assumed that establishing Willingness would signal a change in
context (or shared state) from preparation context to execution
context?

Just trying to understand,
Rex