Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Another diagram

Making a decision based on a belief that is contradicted by evidence means a set of rules exist that are higher priority than the attempt to create new rules based on evidence.  In either case there is a rule base (willingness) for the decision making process.

In the opposite case, as in the con man, rules may override preexisting rules based on evidence, even if the evidence is false.

Trust does not have to be based on an action but is based on some expected real world effect.  Ken has stated this observation a couple of times.  A computing system may calculate that the resources required to prevent negative consequences outweighs the negative consequences. The negative consequences may be due to actions or inaction.

I've attached an updated version of Frank's diagram with these views.  I specifically did not give State the name of Shared State and I specifically did not connect State to Real World Effect (Duane's con man example and also the case of insanity).

Danny