Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Another diagram

I come back to what I consider a key difference with Frank and that is
whether we roll risk in with trust or have it as a separate concept.
The decision point/willingness threshold is a lot easier to represent
if I have these separate.

Ken

On May 14, 2009, at 12:35 AM, Danny Thornton wrote:

> Making a decision based on a belief that is contradicted by evidence
> means a set of rules exist that are higher priority than the attempt
> to create new rules based on evidence.  In either case there is a
> rule base (willingness) for the decision making process.
>
> In the opposite case, as in the con man, rules may override
> preexisting rules based on evidence, even if the evidence is false.
>
> Trust does not have to be based on an action but is based on some
> expected real world effect.  Ken has stated this observation a
> couple of times.  A computing system may calculate that the
> resources required to prevent negative consequences outweighs the
> negative consequences. The negative consequences may be due to
> actions or inaction.
>
> I've attached an updated version of Frank's diagram with these
> views.  I specifically did not give State the name of Shared State
> and I specifically did not connect State to Real World Effect
> (Duane's con man example and also the case of insanity).
>
> Danny

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305      phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                         fax:       703-983-1379