Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Are we being ignored?

I would like to put your attention on  SOA Manifesto  at  http://www.soa-manifesto.com/  from Thomas Erl.

- Michael
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Laskey" <klaskey@mitre.org>
To: "Heather Kreger"
Cc: "Jeffrey.A.Estefan@jpl.nasa.gov" , "Duane Nickull" , "Lublinsky, Boris" , "soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org"
Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] SOA RA from opengroup
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 23:24:41 -0400

Heather,

Thanks for the clarification.  Do you folks still have the comments we previously submitted or should I try to recover them and resubmit?

Ken

On May 7, 2009, at 11:14 PM, Heather Kreger wrote:

Hi,
My emails to the soa-rm-ra list keep bouncing,

Please remember that the SOA Source Book went to the publishers during the San Diego meeting, so it was set before our engagement. In addition, the SOA Source Book is supposed to be a snapshot of the work at The Open Group at the end of 2008-ish, not normative content in and of itself.  It is not a standard. The standards work that this is a snapshot of will continue to evolve and comments will be addressed in the work groups.  The SOA Source book will be updated accordingly and will point the standard as they are released.

As a heads up and so its not misinterpreted, the SOA RA WG is making an initial draft based on the IBM submission publically available very shortly. It will not go through standardization.  Its simply our starting point that we can use to solicit comments. This draft does not incorporate any major comments. The SOA RA group is currently working on the next major draft for this summer which will include ABBs, usecases , and comments.
If you could resend your comments, we still have plenty of time to address and respond to them.

I think thus far we have always shown the TOG RA to be more concrete than the OASIS RA .. but not a concrete solution in the TOGAF sense (if I understand your comment correctly)..

Sincerely,
Heather Kreger
STSM, SOA Standards, Standards, SWG, IBM
Member of IBM Academy of Technology
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572 home office: 919-853-3772

Ken Laskey <klaskey@mitre.org>

05/07/2009 05:44 PM

"Lublinsky, Boris" <boris.lublinsky@navteq.com>
cc
"soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org" <soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [soa-rm-ra] SOA RA from opengroup

This is distressing because we submitted detailed comments, never got
an acknowledgement even after asking about it, and the comments were
obviously ignored.

OTOH, if in the harmonization drawings this RA is shown tending
towards a concrete solution rather than an abstract representation of
a solution -- AND THAT IS MADE CLEAR -- then it is what it is.

Ken

On May 7, 2009, at 4:18 PM, Lublinsky, Boris wrote:

> http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-book/page.tpl?CALLER=page.tpl&ggid=1334
> http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-book/page.tpl?CALLER=page.tpl&ggid=1335
>
> Taken straight from IBM
>

> The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL
> and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication,
> or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
> delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your
> computer or paper files.

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305      phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                         fax:       703-983-1379