Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Resend with readable jpg: My takeway (while listening in to another telecom)

Hi Jeff,

I'm responsible for Ken's use of "and other factors." It was carried
over by his adaptation of my proposed language change. I added it to
include in a generic way to account for factors that affect Trust and
Risk but which are not necessarily included in an individual's
perception, exactly the kind of evidence you cite from the realm of
risk management or operations research.

I wanted nearly identical language for Trust and Risk from Ken's
earlier diagrams which I adapted in my iteration, because I see them
as symmetrical Association Classes for which a single class of
Evidence   can be used. That broad class of Evidence can be
subclassed as showing outcomes that lead to desired, neutral or
undesired real world outcomes. I'm trying to get this issue down to
its simplest, abstract components.

I agree we don't necessarily need to either change the definition or
open the door for more finely grained subclasses of Evidence.

This is also part of my reason for wanting to add Willingness Factors
as a class to allow Dave and I to have the foundation we need for
EDXL DE (Emergency Data Exchange Language Distribution Element) used
for policy-based information sharing as well as security.

--
Rex Brooks
President, CEO